Saturday, December 5, 2009

What is good advice did you get from your Titas and/or Lolas about beauty?

My Lola told me to stay out of the sun so I don't get dark and get moles.





How about you?What is good advice did you get from your Titas and/or Lolas about beauty?
She use to say '; No matter how pretty and beautiful you are in the outside, sooner or later it will fade away, and all what left is the beauty from within';What is good advice did you get from your Titas and/or Lolas about beauty?
I just saw that this category is Philippines---no wonder I have no clue what a Tita or Lola is!
beauty lies not in the other persons phisique but in your mind and how you look at it.
When I was a child, my mamita (grandma) used to put castor oil in my eyelashes so it would grow thicker and curlier daw...I'm afraid it didn't work coz I sure don't have those ';malantik na pilik-mata';....what I have are eyelashes so straight down (yet thick) that they look like drapes over my eyes...no kidding!
they said in order to be a good model, stand up straight, and don't get sunburn.
I didn't have a chance to meet my grandparents. they all died before and the other after (4 moths) i was born.





back..to the q.





my auntie will always tell me to put mayoinase in my hair once a week to make my hair stonger and shiny...I used to do it when i was in my early high school but it's hard to keep it up.





My mom will use ';gata ng niyog'; on my hair. she will simmer it and rub it on my scalp and hair.It works well on me.
my lola doesnt give me advice but she gives me freebies from avon. like eye liner and lip gloss.. = ) cool lola ~鈾
I grew up in a household of mostly men so I was less vain than any girl I knew. The only beauty ritual my Lola taught me was to use googoo shampoo for thicker hair.
My grandparents told me to sleep every afternoon especially after lunch to gain healthy skin and become tall.
my lola kulasa would always tell me ';ineng, kahit may sakit ka, hwag kalimutan ang pahid-pahid sa mukha'; - young lady, even if you're sick, don't forget the nightly ritual of cleansing/creaming your face......good, good advice.... feel nena's face - parang porcelana (smooth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites